Archive for April 6, 2012
So this is it. I am going cold turkey. NO, neither on alcohol (done that before during Lenten season) nor on fashion (I’m not plain stupid!). I am going cold turkey on sugar. Yeah, you are right I am starting to take on my bucket list and though I actually planned on starting tomorrow I just got up at 6 am this morning and decided that this Friday would be THE perfect day to start.
At the moment I am feeling quite good and can focus very clearly on this text so I thought it would be a great idea to teach you all a little bit about the sugar cleansing program while GCB (Good Christian Bells, an ABC Show basing on the originally titled book Good Christian Bitches by Kim Gatlin) is playing on my TV.
the Do’s and Don’ts of Sugar Cleansing
- Fruit Drinks that aren’t 100% Juice
- Desserts (any kind – sorry guys but one’s gotta do what one’s gotta do!)
- Processed Food
- Avoid anything containing white or brown sugar; raw sugar; fructose (except for fresh fruit itself); maltose; sorbitol; evaporated cane juice; xylitol and barley malt
- Not doing any kind of Activity
- Three or four ounces of lean protein with every meal
- Fresh Fruit
- Whole Grains (Brown Rice, Legumes)
- Plain and Unsweetened Yogurt (if you like taste in your yogurt you can add little fresh fruit or stevia or agave to it)
- Salad (for dressing only use olive oil or vinegar or both together)
- At least 30 minutes of Sports every single day (Cardio, running, swimming – whatever you feel like doing)
- Eat enough Protein
- Stick to low glycemic foods
- Check with your Doctor if such a detox could put you to any physical risk because of insulin resistance or hypoglycemia (only the one who plays it safely plays it correctly!)
A lot of people might wonder why I want to do that or actually already started relinquishing sugar – well, here’s an answer: To a healthy mind belongs a healthy body. The average person consumes 150 pounds of sugar a year, which doesn’t seem quite healthy to me and I want to finally have a perfect balance between my body and my mind. I want to feel really great again and I can only achieve that with sports, a cleansing to get all the crappy stuff out of my system, great clothes (that I already have as you may know) and my friends. The latter two I have – the other things I still have to work on. Sports is on my daily list since a couple of days now and the cleansing started today so I guess I am on a pretty good way to get in shape. At least the shape I expect myself to have. This is who I do this all for. Myself. Pretty selfish, I know BUT as I always love to point out – how can you expect someone else to love you if you can’t love yourself? And I am working on fully loving and embracing myself again.
What are you up to the next 28 days?
PowerSong of the Day:
Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull – On the Floor
[Album: LOVE? (Deluxe Edition)]