Archive for sister
Outfit of the Day: Black, waxed Guess Jeans; black and white cashmere Burberry sleeve; olive green and black H&M Military Jacket; black Burberry Scarf; silver Fossil watch; black vintage Longchamp bag and my shiny black Burberry shoes.
Good Morning my little Monster would be Lady Gaga say when she gets up in the morning; I on the other hand just scream and shout at my sister, ‘Where the hell is my coffee, is there a reason my coffee isn’t here? Have you died or something?’ In fact it took ten minutes to realize that I neither am Miranda Priestley nor the editor in chief of Runway; the fashion magazine from the book and the movie ‘The Devil wears Prada’.’
The rain started the minute we walked out of the house trying to get our huge suitcases and bags packed with clothes (mine of course with a load full of Burberry) into S’s car. Let me tell you one thing – the rain didn’t stop until this very hour with us sitting here playing a round of Trivial Pursuit and UNO. It is heavily pissing outside and we are sitting here with stacks of beer and bottles of wine as well as big bottles of water playing along with the weather as well as with the games my sister brought with her.
Who could have thought that she would come along with just a half empty suitcase and I would have to carry myself with a huge trunk, a bag and a second bag. You know, some boys just need all their stuff with them and where the hell was I supposed to store all that Burberry, all those new Vogues and my Clinique products? (I think I do not have to make it clear that I confiscated the whole wardrobe in our room to put my stuff in and let’s be honest, she can keep her stuff in the suitcase. It’s not that Burberry. I wish it were.) People with a certain style and image just have to have everything with them in order to keep this image so here I go with a heavy trunk trying to look as elegant as possible when heaving it into the car…
3.00pm Are we there yet? Well, yes we are.
…and later that day into the house we rented. We have three of them. They are called Shell boxes. And they have the size of one of my Burberry Shoeboxes. R and I are there with Speedfreak and Markus. Two rooms. Yes, I have a roomy. My sister. And it is quite OK since she doesn’t snore (THANK BURBERRY) and sharing a room equally makes me control the way she looks. So, I can pick a fight whenever her outfit isn’t picture perfect in my eyes. And I do complain a lot about that. I always did. But, when you see her you might realize that it helped since her style is relatively cool, chic and effortlessly pretty. 10 years of complaining and styling and giving tips (although she never wanted them) had to pay their tribute someday. And that day finally came.
Outfit of the Day: After several changes I have decided on wearing my white Massi Milano shirt; a classic house checked Burberry tie; a grey beige Tommy Hilfiger sweater without sleeves; a trench colored Burberry stead man jeans; a black Tommy Hilfiger belt; a dark blue Tommy Hilfiger suit Jacket; classic house checked hight-top Burberry sneakers and my vintage black Longchamp.
It is Thursday by now, I was already out for a run (btw: the sun is shining, shining, shining high above the clear sky); in the shower and had a little self-made breakfast buffet by Speedfreak. You know me: No cooking, no cleaning; no cleaning no dishpan hands; no dishpan hands no hundreds of thousands of Euros for La Mer Hand Balm. You see – my thinking always makes sense and as Christine (my work colleague) puts it; a little less money for La Mer a little more money saved for my very own Birkin Bag. So in the end I am winning.
1.30 pm Zagreb – Mission Burberry
After about two and a half hours of driving and laughing and fighting with a 20 feet woman (that’s an insider my dears) we arrived in Zagreb and started the hunt for the newly opened Burberry shop. The hunt unfortunately turned out to be a bit of a disappointment since I was looking for a great tie from the new collection but unfortunately, the only tie they had was the exact one I was already wearing. So there goes my message out to Burberry and Zagreb both at the same time: Zagreb Needs Ties. Desperately. Just like I do for fulfilling my plans of buying a Burberry tie in every country I travel to. So, as it seems I will have to come back to Zagreb/Croatia in order to fulfill this plan one day.
5:45 pm – Tea Time
Running around all the time not buying something because there isn’t anything I haven’t already seen or what I desperately need I finally decided to calm down a bit. So we went to ‘The Regent’ hotel close to the botanic garden and drank a cup of tea and coffee and had a little strawberry cheese cake. My sister, Speedfreak and his boyfriend Markus went to see the botanic garden but since the wind is quite heavy and I am not a big fan of plants I have decided to stay at ‘The Regent’ updating my blog and getting a bit of work done. That is the one thing I hate about a holiday – sometimes work and certain important tasks fall behind so one’s gotta do what one’s gotta do in order to keep himself financially fluent in order to being able to invest in all the Burberry one needs.
Now I sit here by myself relishing the fact that I am along for a little bit not having to talk and later on maybe flipping through the pages of my Vogue España with Lily Donaldson on the cover.
That’s all for now. Do you miss having me around already?
P.S.: All pictures by Speedfreak.
…you can’t have everything that you want.
What should have been just an update to my profile page on Facebook turned out to be something that haunted me the whole day – You can’t have everything that you want…
I met with my sister because she wasn’t feeling well and we picked up something from McDonalds – I just had some ice cream and she ate some chicken nuggets. We sat there at the Danube talking about the last couple of days and after several changes of topics we came to talk about dreams. Lost dreams. Dreams we have. Dreams we can’t give up. Dreams one has to give up. And then she said, ‘One can’t have everything that one wants…’ I look at her and wonder, ‘Is that really what you think?’
I met with K afterwards for a little swim and enjoying the sun and now as it goes down I sit here watching the sun gently kissing the water to wave the day goodbye and I get calm. It’s the perfect sunset. It was a good day. But I couldn’t relax completely because this thought kept working inside me. It’s the perfect moment, here with friends and a little bit of peace. It is time to think about it – the sentence that haunts me the whole day long and won’t let me go. Really shaking me to my core.
You can’t have everything that you want.
You can’t have everything that you want.
You can’t have everything that you want.
And as I look up from my MacBook facing the beautiful Danube landscape I realize that this is all just bullshit. I smile watching the wind drawing circles in the water while my thoughts are drawing circles in my mind. If people already know they can’t have something particular because, well, as they say you can’t have everything that you want, why do some of them still try to get it? Everything. Why don’t they just give up? Why don’t they just leave all their dreams behind settling for something ordinary that one day will make them tired because they regret never having tried to reach for that one special feeling that makes you feel like you are the biggest star shining on the black horizon suddenly helping it to glow with joy and glory and love?
You can have everything that you want.
You can have everything that you want.
You CAN have everything that you want!
You just have to work for it and sometimes you’ll have to work for it really hard. And sometimes you will be exhausted. And sometimes you will think about giving up. But if you don’t; if you never dare to give in you can get it all. Every dream – may it be the biggest dream one could even draw in his imaginative mind. It will come alive one day. Because with hard work, patience, dedication, determination and love one can have it all.
So, if someone tells you that you can’t have everything that you want – just stand up straight, put your chin up, look them straight in the eye and say, ‘I can and I will.’ And work for it. And live for it. And dream about it. Every single day of your life and one day you’ll wake up realizing that you’ll have achieved every goal you’ve reached for. And then you will get up in the morning and if you really are a dreamer there will be a new dream to reach for, live for, work for. And you will. Because deep in your heart you know that YOU CAN HAVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU WANT! And you will.
Every human being should have plans. Goals to reach. Achievements to render. Things to succeed in. Plain simply put – something to work for in order to make something special with your future and with yourself. Therefore, some people assemble a Bucket List, a collection of essentials and goals one wants to achieve throughout his or her life. And since I have never had something like a bucket list but always a lot of plans and dreams and goals to work and reach for I thought I might as well put them down here (because why should I want to keep something to myself if I can share it with you because you know as I am in Team A keeping a secret is something I simply don’t do!).
MY BUCKET LIST:
- Do a Sugar Cleansing for 28 days. (On May 4th I can put a check there. It starts on Saturday, April 7th. I hope I’ll get through it.)
- Finish a book and have it being published. (And have it later turned into a big Hollywood movie because it was oh, so fabulous and oh, so successful. Ka-Ching!)
- Publish an article in Vogue. (Dear Editors of Vogue. Every Vogue. If you read this please do not hesitate to hire me. Thank you very much. Yours, Mr.StrictlyIntimate.)
- Visit New York City for the very first time. (Planning to go there in September.)
- Live in a foreign country for at least one full year. (12 Months. 52 Weeks. 365 Days. And no month or week or day less.)
- Get in better shape. Permanently. You know, with sports. That is why I bought new running shoes and a training suit AND started to run again two days ago. (I will stick to it. I swear I will. I swear I will. I swear I will.)
- Get married. I may have lost my belief in love but somehow I can’t let go of this one thing that has been on my mind since I was a teenager. (What girl / gay guy doesn’t dream of THE one special big day where one can pull of white from head to toe without breaking about a thousand fashion rules?! By the way – I do not plan on wearing a dress. Just in case you might have wondered.)
- Witness something truly majestic. (Of course, I took that directly from a movie… what was it called again? Oh, yeah, the Bucket List. But no, really, this is something I need on my bucket list. I would even discuss the term majestic and might be willing to switch it with magic. Witness something truly magic. Any suggestions? Any volunteers?)
- Skydiving: Take my closest friend and jump out of a plane. (This is something I wanted to do since I was about 16. I thought that was something very special, very thrilling and very wonderful.)
- Buy a Hermès Birkin Bag. (Some people might think that this is a stupid thing to put on a bucket list because seriously 8.000 Dollars for a bag is like insane. I think I need to be completely and incontrovertibly insane some day. Well, some day when I have an amount of money like this lying around waiting for me to be spent.)
- Give an inspiring speech to a really big audience. (I think I could do that. No, not could. Can. I think I am pretty good at talking and speaking and being inspiring to some people. Above all because I have a lot of life experience.)
- Watch my sister graduate from University. That is something I really wish for. (I want to be at my sister’s graduation as the proud big brother who has a big surprise up his sleeves. One he has planned out since she started to study. Curious?)
I definitely could go on and on and on and on with this list but I think I stop right now to let you stop reading and start writing your own in order to outline your goals and concentrate on what matters to you and your heart.
P.S.: Special Add – something I always thought about but never dared to try. Well, up until now.
- The Art of Archery. (Finally I have made an appointment for my first lesson and it will be Sunday in 10 days. Looking forward to it with excitement a fit and healthy mind and a great attitudes towards an art that is thousands and thousands of years old and shall be treated with a lot of respect from my side!)
In order of getting closer to fall and winter every single day I had to check the next fall/winter fashion trends for men and women to make sure my wardrobe has the ideal size to put another coat and tons of trousers shirts and trenches in it – because with what comes up I have to spend a lot of money on looking preppy and perfectly well. So you may wonder – why on earth does he check women styles to – well, not only because I am a designer myself, but also because I want to make sure I can send my sister immaculately dressed into this world to start her days and follow her dreams.
My first choice this time would definitely be Burberry – I know, you may think ‘yet, again’ and I would dare say ‘yes, because Burberry style is eternal and lasts forever’, which is shown in Bailey’s new prefall and winter 2010 collection.
And great news for ending this post – there is something I have waited for about nine years to come up – after Chanel and Dior and Yves Saint Laurent Burberry finally launched their very own and very first make up line and I am so happy, so excited and so ordering everything as soon as possible!
Enjoy the Burberry sides of life.